Monday, August 28, 2017

August Accomplishments....

Even though it was a crazy month for me, and I felt like I wasn't making any progress on my many projects, looking back I guess I didn't do too badly! 
My August UFO was finished the first week of the month. I realized that if I got it done, I could take it along to my Bonnie Hunter class for what she calls Show and Share. Easy Street was my August One Monthly Goal project. 

In my rush to get it finished (and because I didn't look forward to having a huge quilt on my lap in the August heat) I finished the binding with a blanket stitch rather than hand stitching it in place. 

Yes, I did the old standby super fast quilting.....Cinnamon Rolls! 

These are the three fabrics I pieced together for the back. I strategically placed the blue where I would be able to salvage most of it for later use--lol! 

I almost forgot about my Primitive Garden Facebook block until the middle of the month.  I wasn't sure I would have time to finish this one, so I planned to just ink in the words on the seed packet. The applique went pretty quickly, so I had plenty of time to do the embroidery. 

I worked really hard to hand piece and set in the half stars for the side edges of my Texas Star quilt. I wanted so badly to get this all together and it finally happened--yeehaw! 

And thanks to a very rainy weekend, I managed to hand piece the last corner of Border 10 on Mrs. Billings. Those corners were crazy! I'm soooo happy to have this round finished--on to the next one!!
I had thought to have time this month to work on my blocks from the Bonnie Hunter class and also to make a few more 4"x5" Anthology blocks, but there's always next month! 

20 comments:

  1. Love your Mrs billings quilt.. One day I might make her too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your Mrs. Billings quilt on Instagram and had to come to your blog to see what else you've been doing. Mrs. Billings is just so, so beautiful!!! I just absolutely love it! I also love your Bonnie Hunter quilt and Primitive Garden and Texas Star quilt. You are VERY talented and I love seeing your projects. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have definitely been busy! Easy Street looks wonderful and the cinnamon roll quilting makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. August seems super productive. So many wonderful projects to work on. The Texas Stars are amazing but anyone one who tackles Mrs. Billings is a quarterback in my book. (Like my football analogy). sorry for being so wierd. Hahaha. Someday I'd love to work on it too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Easy Street colors are much more appealing to me than the ones I used. Beautiful finish!
    Sweet little Primitive Garden block. :)
    You hand pieced the entire Mrs. Billings quilt? I am blown away by that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Karen - congratulations on all those quilts! All that hand piecing! You do some pretty amazing work.

    I like your binding solution for Easy Street.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard that style of quilting called Cinnamon Rolls but I can see why the name.
    Your Mrs. Billings is wonderful. Quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Karen, you've been super productive! Mrs. Billings is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you did great!!! I love cinnamon roll quilting. Good job getting that done for the show and share. And that last quilt, wow! And everything in between, wow again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work. You have been busy.

    Charlottte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Easy St is beautiful. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW...you certainly were busy. Love your Cinnamon Roll quilting. Perfect for a Bonnie quilt. I'm quilting En Provence right now (my first ever Bonnie Hunter mystery) and I decided that an all over quilting design is perfect since they just seem to go so well in all that "scrappiness". Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you got so much done! I love that little applique flower block and the Mrs. Billings quilt is incredible! I need to try that cinnamon roll quilting. It looks great and looks like it would be fun to do. Congrats on all your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is good to look back over achievements for the month. Take a pat on the back for all you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilts are all so lovely Karen. It's nice to see your cinnamon roll quilting up close. We must have been standing within a few feet of one another at Bonnie's show and share and never known it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Looks to me like you got lots done this month! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have some AMAZING accomplishments this month indeed! Mrs. Billings and Texas Star are both blowing me away :) And that shot of Easy Street on the bed is just gorgeous. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks to me like you got a lot done....awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome finishes! I'm starting to like the blanket stitch for binding very much. I've yet to free motion quilt on my machine... cinnamon rolls looks like a good place to start! Thanks for the inspiration! And congrats on the Mrs. Billings! Wow! So involved!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Your quilt looks beautiful!! What iline/ designer s the blue fabric from you used on the back?

    ReplyDelete