Sunday, May 10, 2015

More Wooly Stitching

Happy Mother's Day!
It's been a little over a year since my mother passed away and I was thinking this morning how, on most every Mother's Day, my Mom and I would visit the local garden nursery for our summer plants.
She would always buy me a geranium because I am a Mom too.
 Image result for geranium
 I need to get my Stitching Society wool hexagons up on the design wall and figure out a setting soon. Hopefully I will get to that sometime this week.
In the meantime, I've been stitching Sophie's Garden:
The last two applique blocks for Sophie's Garden have been finished, so they will be needing the design wall soon too. I hope to get the blocks sewn together by the next Stitch Therapy meeting later this month.

I'm not in danger of running out of evening stitching though!
 I am so happy to get back to this project.

Linking with Slow Sunday Stitching
Slow Sunday Stitching



10 comments:

  1. The brown for the flower pot is a rich looking one. The bunny shape whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More beautiful blocks Karen! Happy Mother's Day to you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My FIL died a couple of years ago and he used to grow geraniums from seed for us every year. Geraniums hold a special place in our memories too. I love your wool applique blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Sophie's Garden blocks are delightful! I clicked the link to see more, and I love them all!
    My Mom and I always buy each other geranium plants for Mother's Day. This year she handed me some money and laughingly told me to just go pick out my own. : )
    I know when she is gone geraniums will mean even more to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still loving those Sophie blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day. One day late but wishes sent with a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitching is beautiful. I am really looking forward to seeing that bunny block emerge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wool applique is so adorable!!!! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete