Monday, September 9, 2013

Rainy Days!

We've had a couple rainy days, so I was able to do some catch up sewing.
These are the September Chicken Scratch blocks from Country Threads
.

September Dixie Diary Star block.

September Dixie Diary Heart block.

I finished the 13th freebie block from Primitive Gatherings.
I'm ready to start on the finishing kit that arrived on Friday. 

The Family block for Words To Live By

I'm taking a class tomorrow (more details to follow soon). We were instructed to cut our fabrics, but it seemed like there would be a lot of piecing to do in class, so I made the components that go into the 14 blocks needed for the project.
We will be doing some applique onto the pieced project.
These look like string blocks but they are actually half square triangles with flipped corners. 

This is how the blocks will look when they are put together.
I like the little shoo-fly it makes in the center-cute!
I'm using some of my new Jo Morton Savannah fabrics.
I guess if I get my piecing done early in class it will give me more time to visit!
W

2 comments:

  1. Wow Karen, that's a LOT done! Kinda makes me wish for some (much needed) rain around here. I love ALL your blocks, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so lovely--just really like that "Family" block--it's beautiful. Julierose

    ReplyDelete